Friday, May 22, 2015

International Day at ASB

Saturday May 16th was International Day at the kids' school.  This is an annual event and the biggest event the school organizes for the community.  Last year we were 3 moms representing Japan: Hideyo, Yuko and me.  It was a great experience, so Hideyo, Yuko and I were excited to do it again this year.  This year, 4 more Japanese moms signed up to help, Miho, Yoko, Makiko and Masumi so we were 7 moms in all!  We decided to make curry and rice again this year, and Yuko (who is now vegan) provided 12 bags of edamame and made a huge chocolate tofu cake.  I also made dorayaki, which I discovered is very easy to make.   It was my idea for everyone to wear Hello Kitty Barcelona t-shirts, I thought that it would be kind of cute and I don't own any Japanese clothes.

With so many other moms participating Hideyo and I didn't have to make so much food ourselves and this year I got the chance to leave the Japan table and try food from all the other countries.  International Day was a huge success, over 500 people attended.  I think that everyone, especially the kids had a great time.  Ciara was even on the stage dancing.  There was some pretty interesting entertainment, including a scantily clad Brazilian dancer.

Masumi, me and Makiko

Makiko, Hideyo, Miho, and Yuko in front.


The Japan Table - three kinds of curry, edamame, desserts and origami
Cole is sitting on Aryan with Manju and Anu from the India Table
These are my dorayaki, I have to make them with kidney beans but tastes pretty much the same.

Ciara not being shy about dancing on a stage in front of a large crowd

Ciara and Maria Belen with the colourful Brazilian dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read