Tuesday, December 16, 2014

For Goodness Hake!

I have decided to cook fish more often because it is a big part of the local diet.  I have never been a big fan of cooking with fish because of the bones but I love to eat it.  I want my kids to experience a variety of fish dishes, not just Bob's "tuna surprise."  So my challenge has been to find fish dishes that are not hard to make, but my kids will eat.

Hake (merluz in Spanish) is very abundant and relatively cheap here, so after a quick search on the internet, I found a recipe for Hake Bobotie http://www.fishisthedish.co.uk/recipes/greatforkids/main-meals/954-hake-bobotie  which is a South African curried fish bake.

Here is what my hake bobotie looked like:


Here was my family's reaction:


For the record, it was pretty good.  And I only had to eat it for 2 more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read