Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winter Bazaar

Last Saturday ASB held a winter bazaar and invited parents to purchase a table to sell food as well as new or used items.  My friend Gorana and I have been make jewelry together since April, so we signed up for a table.  We met each other last year because we are both in the same Spanish class for parents of ASB students.   We made leather beaded bracelets, Chen Lu wrap bracelets and some Christmas jewelry for kids.  Nathan and Ciara wanted to participate too, so they made Rainbow Loom Christmas keychain charms.

I also made fabric gift bags and several batches of cracker toffee bars, which is a recipe that I make every year.  I called it Christmas Crac, after our favourite cereal here in Spain called Golden Crac.  It's very easy to make once you get the hang of it.  I did burn two batches though.  Here is a recipe, http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/12/saltine-cracker-english-toffee.html

I can't say that the bazaar was a great success for us, but we did have excellent weather.  It was a beautiful sunny 17 degrees. We sold a few things, mostly bags of cracker toffee.  Nathan and Ciara sold 4 Rainbow loom charms so they earned 4€.

In any case, it was fun to talk with other parents and I got to watch Rylan play an exhibition game of flag football.  This is Rylan's second year playing football at ASB.  He really enjoys it and he's getting pretty good.  He was named MVP of the game as he scored more touchdowns than anyone else.

Arantxa, Socorro, Amerigo and Chris vist the winter bazaar
This was our table

Some examples of the leather bracelets Gorana and I make

More leather bracelets

flag football game

Rylan the MVP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read