Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Portugal and Galicia Trip Day 1

December 28th, 2015 - Lisbon

Portugal was definitely on my list of places to visit before we leave Spain.  In my ASB Spanish class, there is a women from Portugal who is always talking about how wonderful her county is, so I asked her for information and she obliged by sending me pages of recommendations. Also, as I am a big fan of natural hot springs, I found out that the best hot springs in Spain are in a small town in Galicia called Ourense, which is just north of Portugal.  So we could visit Portugal and easily slip in a couple of days of hot springs.  I told my parents that we were planning a trip to Portugal after Christmas and since my dad is now officially retired, he thought it would be fun to meet us there.

I booked cheap flights from Barcelona to Porto through Ryanair for about 34€ each way.  I was able to find a great apartment for 8 people in Lisbon through Home Away as well as a huge house in Porto.  I used Trip Advisor to find a house in Ourense.  My parents decided they would spend a few days with us in Portugal and then do a tour of Andalusia.

We flew out of Barcelona on the morning of December 28th and landed in Porto shortly after noon.  We picked up our rental car at the airport and started our drive to Lisbon.  It was raining in Porto, and when we arrive in Lisbon it was pouring rain and windy.  We found our apartment and settled in, unfortunately it was too wet to do any sight-seeing that evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read