Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 2

I didn't think that I would be blogging every day, but I have to admit that it's kind of addicting.  I haven't kept a journal for several years, and I kind of feel bad about it, so this blogging kind of fill that void.

I can't believe how fast the time goes between the time when the boys leave for school and when they come home.  I think that we are doing pretty good sticking to our schedule, but there is always that nagging feeling like I should be doing more.  The problem is I love reading information online especially from other homeschool blogs and it's kind of overwhelming.  It's great seeing what other families are doing, but I have to remember that I can't incorporate everyone's good ideas into my own homeschool all at once.  It will take some time before I really feel organized.

Today, Ciara had her first educational therapy session (Discovery) over Skype.  It was a 45 minute session with Verina Goobie, who lives in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.  She worked with Ciara for the first year after she was diagnosed with a learning disability.  Then we moved to Barcelona and I would have liked to have continued with the Discovery sessions, but with the 6 hour time difference and Ciara's school schedule, it was just impossible to find the time.  Now that Ciara is being homeschooled, we could make the time.

Verina and I were both pleasantly surprised with the Skype Discovery session.  The connection was pretty clear and Ciara remembered a lot of things from when she did Discovery over a year ago back in Canada.  I even think that it was easier for her to focus because she had to look at her teacher through the computer screen and did not get distracted by anything else around her.  The wonder's of technology!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read