Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ciara's Second Day of School

All 4 kids headed out the door this morning for school and I wouldn't see them again until 4:05pm.  So now I was faced with 7 hours of unscheduled time.   I began my first free day by wasting time on the Internet.  It's amazing how much interesting stuff you can find, when you aren't looking for anything in particular.  My plan was to head out shortly after the kids went to school to do some grocery shopping, but I actually ended up leaving at around 11:30am.  Since I was not on a schedule, I decided to head to Alcampo (kind of like a Walmart Supercentre) which is part of a huge shopping complex in Sant Boi.   There is also a Decathlon (my favourite sporting goods store) in the complex.  So between Decathlon and Alcampo, I took my time to shop carefully and didn't get home until 2:45pm.  When I was homeschooling I would try to get to the store, shop, and get home within an hour.

So ironically even though I have way more time, I'm not necessarily getting more done.  I am going to have to discipline myself and try to stick to some kind of schedule because there is lots of stuff I need to do.

Ciara was fine when she got home from school.  She told me briefly about her day, and it was all pretty positive.  Ciara has judo every Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30pm, Nathan does his judo class right after at 7:30pm.  Ciara never complains about doing judo, but she doesn't seem to interact much with the other kids in the class.  I challenged her last week to at least say good-bye to her classmates. When I picked up Ciara after her class today, she told me that she said "Adios" to all the girls and smiled before leaving.   It's just a small thing, but it's a big improvement :)

I'm still trying to figure out what will be the purpose of my blog because I no longer have to track what we are doing for homeschooling.  I guess I can just blog about our day to day life in Barcelona, but I definitely won't blog daily, once a week should be enough.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read