Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 5, Monday

Well, it looks as though my homeschooling experience may come to an end after only 5 weeks.   On Friday I was feeling pretty optimistic about Ciara doing homeschool part-time and regular school part-time.  This afternoon I got an e-mail from the school director letting me know that the lawyers for the school said that it was against the law and Ciara would have to be at school full-time.

So today was kind of a hectic day.  Ciara did her best to complete all of her studies.  I feel so bad for what she has had to go through: homeschooling, no homeschooling, part-time schooling, full-time schooling, all the uncertainty, me constantly making phone calls, writing e-mails and going to meetings.   I wanted to homeschool, to give Ciara a sense of security.  I wanted her to feel comfortable and at ease while she was learning.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to provide such an environment during these past 4 weeks.

Still, I am happy that we tried, and I am happy with what Ciara has accomplished and especially how she has become a little kinder, a little friendlier, a little happier :)

We will see what the future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read