Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week 5, Wednesday

Today was a pretty hectic day again.  It started when Nathan forgot his lunch, so I ran to the school to bring it to him.  Got back home and decided to let Ciara determine what class we would do first.  I often have to change the schedule because of different things that come up during the day, so this time I thought it might work better to let Ciara make some decisions about our daily schedule.

She decided she would like to do Library first, which was great because it gave me time to hang up the laundry and eat breakfast.  Next we moved on to math.  While we were practicing our mental math, the phone rang, and it was the school.  Rylan was sick and needed to come home.  So I ran off to the school again to pick up Rylan who was complaining of a stomach ache.  He had been complaining that his stomach hurt this morning before school, but I told him that it would pass.

Now with Rylan home, this made things a little more complicated.  I had a meeting with the school Director at 2pm and I couldn't leave Ciara home with Rylan being sick, so I had to call Arantxa to come and watch them.   Fortunately Arantxa was able to come over and two minutes before I left for my meeting, Rylan threw-up on the floor.  So I quickly cleaned up the vomit, ran to the school and arrived only a few minutes late for my meeting with the Director.

The consultants want the documents 2 weeks ago and so I basically told the Director that we were prepared to enrol Ciara immediately and then we could sort out her schedule later.  I told him that I preferred Ciara stay in 5th grade.  I just could not see her going to middle-school.  I don't think that she is ready for it emotionally and I think that she would struggle a lot academically too.  The Director agreed that it would probably be best due to the fact that 6th grade is full with 23 or 24 students per class and 5th grade has 17 to 18 students per class.  Ciara also has a late birthday and in many parts of the US, she would have started a year later anyways.   He also agreed that it should be no problem if she left early a couple of days a week, so that is something.

After my meeting I ran back home.  Rylan was still feeling bad, but I was happy that Ciara had done her writing work like I had asked her before I left.

At 4pm I ran back to the school to meet up with Fareeda.  She came over so that we could make some piñatas.  Cole and her son Alexander are having their birthday party together on Saturday.   With the piñatas made and put out to dry, I went back to the school.  This time I had to pick up Cole who was at soccer practice.   So in all, I was at the school 5 times today!  It's a wonder anything gets done at all during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read