Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week 6, Wednesday

One of the things that I really appreciate about homeschooling is the flexibility to change things when needed.  Last night, Ciara just couldn't fall asleep.  She has had this problem before.  I'm not sure what causes it.  Unfortunately, when Bob and I are both tired and it's the middle of the night we are not so understanding.  I really didn't know what I could do for her.

This morning, when the boys got up and got ready for school, Ciara didn't budge.  I just let her be, until the boys left for school.  Then I told her that it was time to get up and get moving.  Ciara was in a horrible mood, as can be expected from a ten year old who stays up past midnight.  I decided to let her be, just a little bit longer.  Finally at 10am she got out of bed.  Nathan had forgotten his lunch again, so I told Ciara to eat breakfast while I ran Nathan's lunch up to the school.  When I got back, we were finally ready to start working.

So this is what I noticed today, even though we got off to a late start, we were able to do everything that we needed to.  We did math before Arantxa came at 11 for Ciara's Spanish class.  After lunch we did mental math, Ciara read a book online and then we learned about the Olympic games in Ancient Greece.  I had no idea that they used to run the races naked!

Ciara went to bed at a normal time tonight, so let's hope that we'll be back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read