Thursday, October 2, 2014

Week 4, Thursday

Today, I'm feeling like something is not working.  Ciara has been making a lot of progress on the social and emotional front, but within the last couple of days I find that she is slipping back into her old ways: a lot of negativity, stubborness and anger.  I really don't know what it is and I have a feeling that Ciara doesn't know what is bothering her either.

Well, when I started homeschooling, I knew that it wouldn't be easy.  Every day won't be wonderful.  I need to take each day in strides, and also remember that I have 3 other children and a husband.  Because I spend so much time with Ciara each day, it is very easy for me to be affected by her mood.  I can't let it bother me so much.

I think that Ciara needs some close friends.  That's what she has been missing since we moved to Spain.  She has one friend at church, but there is a communication barrier which makes it difficult to really share her feelings.  She has had such a hard time making friends at school.  She wasn't able to find anyone who was interested in the same things she was and she was intimidated by large groups of kids.  Sadly, even her teacher and school counsellor could not think of anyone in her class last year that would've been a good fit for her.  I hope that going back to school part-time in grade 5 will be good for Ciara.  As she will be doing the most difficult subjects at home, maybe school will be a less intimidating environment and she will feel more comfortable socializing.  Let's hope so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read