Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 5, Thursday

All the boys were healthy enough today to go to school, so it was a relatively calm day.  Ciara and I started a new unit in math on transforming fractions into decimals and vice versa.  I was worried that this unit would be challenging for her, but she grasped the concepts really quickly and we sailed through our lesson without any problems :)

Arantxa came over for Ciara's Spanish lesson and I was able to go to my Spanish class.  This school year I am continuing to learn Spanish with a group of mother's from the American School.  We do the class in the club room in La Mallola where we live, so it's really convenient for me.  I really enjoy this class because it is a small group and we get to discuss literature, culture as well as grammar.  It gives me a nice break from homeschooling as well.

I am realizing that another great benefit of homeschooling is how much I am learning.  Last year I was focussed on learning Spanish and how to live in Spain.  This year, I am learning so much more because of Ciara.  It's kind of like I get to be back in school.  It's a lot of work, but I will really miss this when Ciara goes back to school next week.

This week has been so busy with homeschooling, getting Ciara enrolled in school, so many errands, taking care of sick children, preparing for Cole's birthday party and chauffeuring kids back and forth from their after school activities.  Thank goodness for Nathan, who is a huge help to me and has done his fair share of child-minding this week.  I can't wait for Bob to get back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read